Anthem is the next huge venture from BioWare set to be released released on February 22, 2019. Here are the main classes that come under various skins known as Javelins.
This is the default Javelin suit with an all-around class, which is considered the most versatile.
Here, you will access all manner of weapon except the Colossus-exclusive heavy weapons.
The Ranger has three ability slots, which are; , Assault Launcher Gear, Grenade Gear, and Support Gear. Grenade Gear has five grenade types:
- Frag: Area blast damage
- Frost: Damages and freezes enemies
- Inferno: Deals area damage to those caught in the flames
- Seeker: Splits and seeks nearest enemy
- Sticky: Attaches to target
Assault Launcher Gear is the secondary projectile weapon and has five types as well:
- Blast Missile: Fires a missile that explodes for area-of-effect damage.
- Energy Pulse: Blast of energy for extensive damage to a set target
- Homing Missile: Heat-seeking projectile.
- Spark Beam: Fires a sustained beam of energy for continuous damage.
- Venom Darts: Launches a volley of darts to search out a target for acid damage.
Support Gears acts as your defensive mechanisms to allow teammates within the area to benefit from your assistance. It has two types
- Bulwark Point: Spherical field to help shield from projectiles
- Muster Point: Increases weapon damage for allies
The tank class, Colossus Javelins is the tank class, which favors defense over mobility.
They come with a shield that can be used for cover at any time.
It has the following three ability slots: Heavy Assault Launcher Gear, Ordnance Launcher Gear, and Support Gear.
Ordnance Launcher has five abilities:
- Burst Mortar: A smattering of small mortars that strike across a wide area.
- Firewall Mortar: A mortar that erects a flame wall that hurts all enemies who touch it.
- High Explosive Mortar: Explosive projectile that deals great damage to a concentrated area.
- Lightning Coil: Hits a random enemy with an arc of electricity.
- Shock Coil: Deploys electric waves that damage nearby enemies.
Heavy Assault Launcher Gear options have special wrist-mounted weapons, which give large amounts of damage.
- Acid Spitter: Shoots acidic projectiles
- Flak Cannon: Barrages nearby enemies with a short-range arc of projectiles.
- Flame Thrower: Shoots flames
- Heavy Cannon: Big rocket
- Railgun: Destroys a single-target with a forceful and precise kinetic round.
The Colossus’ Support Gear allows you to lend your hand to teammates and has two types:
- Taunt: allows you to direct attention to yourself. This means enemies will stop firing on teammates.
- Deflector Pulse: provides allies damage-resistant buff.
Storm Javelins can wield all weapons except for heavy weapons.
They come with three kinesis gear abilities namely; Blast Seals, Focus Seals, and Support Seals. Blast Seals support the following five attacks:
- Flame Burst: Rapid fire damage to send to a specific location.
- Ice Storm: Spawns a field of ice to create more damage as it gets colder.
- Lightning Strike: A targeted strike for lightning damage.
- Living Flame: A burst of heat-sensor flame energy
- Rime Blast: Ice projectiles to freeze nearby enemies targets.
Focus Seals is your secondary gear attack, and has five attack modes:
- Arc Burst: A blast of lightning for extensive damage
- Ball Lightning: Electric energy hit enemies behind cover.
- Fireball: works by exploding on contact or shot
- Glacial Beam: A beam of powerful ice energy, which you send to a set location.
- Hoarfrost Shards: Rapid ice projectiles to freeze enemies slowly
Storm Javelin Support Seals increase evasion and help out teammates.
Wind Wall: Creates a defensive wall of wind, which has the ability to deflect projectiles.
Nexus: Creates a field for gear cooldown for allies in the area.
The Interceptor has three Gear types, which are; Strike Systems, Assault Systems, and Support Systems. The five Assault Systems attacks are as follows:
- Acid Bomb: an Exploding grenade that inflicts acid damage to enemies in its wake.
- Cluster Mine: Mines that explode when touched by enemies.
- Cryo Glaive: A projectile that locks onto a target to freeze it
- Seeker Glaive: Throws Razor-sharp projectiles for latching onto closest enemy.
- Spark Dash: A dash attack, which amazes by leaves streaks of electricity behind you.
Strike Systems attacks, the secondary attack gear slots, also have five options:
- Corrosive Spray: Unleashes an acid shower that hurts all enemies that it touches.
- Nova Strike: Deploys a “projection” of yourself that attacks enemies.
- Plasma Star: Long-range plasma shuriken.
- Star Strike: Charges a close enemy with energy, explodes after it builds up.
- Tempest Strike: A devastating single-target attack to stun smaller enemies.
The Interceptor’s support systems boost your attack and allows you to help your teammates.
- Target Beacon: Marks an enemy based on increased damage.
- Rally Cry: eliminates status effects from all allied forces in the area.
Try different Javelins and adapt your game style based on strengths of each Javelin types.